Tuesday, June 8, 2010

HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS?

Gibberish... nonsense... bollocks...what ignominy...... was my first thought the first time i heard this phrase....i was like home is home.. the adage east or west home is best worked better for me....we talking years together without making it home and staying in a foreign land felt just that; foreign.
well now the story is different, was talking to michelle,(michelle who?, i hear you ask....well....) online yesterday and the conversation was something like this;
"how's home Alex.... "
"all good" i saw myself write
" must be great", she said, "after all home is where the heart is , right?"
" that's right", i said.
and it hit me.. that my heart really stayed back in a foreign land.....so it goes without saying that now am missing a foreign land even though i am home. just goes to show that it got to me more than i thought it was capable of.
guess i gotta train myself to re-love my country....God will help me...
see you on the other side...

4 comments:

  1. good.....where did you leave it so I can get it for you. You must have forgotten it among the things you left it behind!!!!lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we talk of where the heart is I take it as where one is comfortable and where your heart feels completely at rest/peace. If not at home, with friends and family then elsewhere, and that's where I would call home, in my case. So I guess the statement is relative.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. at dan... as soon as i remember, you'll be the first to know, i promise

    ReplyDelete