Monday, May 10, 2010

Time ....at the movies

been sitting reading at my desk today and asking myself silly questions....... or at least they have been to me.....one thing the ancestors drummed into my head and my teachers have always emphasized is....... time waits for no man..... so my first question was, what if you are not one?a man i mean..... silly right?well till you watch twilight... then you start having strange thoughts in your head...
movies have this amazing way to transport you through time.. either back to when you didn't exist or to a time when you will so not exist........ back to the future literally!....take an example of the spy who shagged me....or Quantum apocalypse..... or independence day....movies that stretch your imagination to nothingness or to something so big... sleep literally runs away!
whether it is a deliberate attempt by directors to cross time and move past it or just scripting good stories, one thing is true.... time ceases to exist at the movies.....
like for example when a parent is just about to die and tells the son or daughter... i will always be here watching.....remember Step Mom when Susan Sarandon talks to the daughter? or Bruce Willis in Armaggeddon... or when Arnold tells Sarah connor....i will be back in Terminator among other movies down the line
or when Ghosts comes back from the past to revenge the past wrongs......i think its an interesting concept, one i will keep on studying
a trend worries me though, that of movies after the 2030 periods.. they all depict a time of great insecurity to life and property makes you ask yourself if you wanna be there then!... but again... like i always say, maybe its just a script well written!maybe i'm being my big lawyer self again!

No comments:

Post a Comment