Tuesday, May 11, 2010

FROM A FISH'S VIEW

have you ever imagined how it is to live in water all your life,well it ain't that hard to imagine, its like you living on land only better, i don't have to suffer from sweating or having to spend time and money looking for the best deodorants.am ever clean....lol
lemme just give you a brief History
we live our whole lives in the water.we got gills, like those dudes, the amphibians, but they have one plus point they get to grow lungs,we don't.
My gills are on the sides of head(am sure you have seen that!)The gills take oxygen from the water so the fish can breathe.am told they are really sweet, i have no idea you let me know...lol...
Am an insectarian! well...... and some stuff in the water too its important to change the diet once in a while right?......
But just like you human beings, we have a life and we get to reproduce, only thing is we do it in huge numbers that would be frowned upon in human societies!, so you human beings call that spawning!
I get to live 10-15 years at least i the wild but in some swimming pool maybe 20 years, if a fisherman's hook or net does not catch me first, or an oil spill messes up my oxygen, or this water dries up(which reminds me, i must join the race to the sea, I'll be able to live a Lil' while longer there maybe,it can never dry)or some huge fish decides to make me today's dinner......well i get to appraise my situation everyday and prepare myself for anything so that if i die, the regrets are minimal.
Currently i am just five years old a big enough to make a meal for two to four grown up well-eating people!some of my birth-mates have not been this lucky so i guess I'll live longer!maybe!
What's my lifespan? well,Different species different expected lifespan. Some fish live for a single season others live for many years.
like that lucky dude called the shark he has the longest lifespan and gets to eat all of us and some of you...lol...well we have been known to live over 25 years. that's my goal
well i don't mind you eating me up,that's part of nature, what i don't understand is why you have to destroy my habitat too, how i wish i could fight back, but i can't.all i can do is appeal to your life sense, we are animals(fauna)maybe you could consider keeping away from the destruction of my habitat and i in turn will willingly submit myself and my descendants once in a while to your dinner table!
i am from the Tilapia family by the way am sure you are familiar with me.we have been feeding you guys for so long, we stopped complaining!
see you on the other side Man!

No comments:

Post a Comment